Friday, July 9, 2010

We all have strength enough to endure the misfortunes of others

Whoever La Rochefoucauld was, whatever. Rufus has got it right. I don't know shit about shit. I've eaten my last four meals out of the same plastic bowl, using somebody else's spoon. Last week I had a house. What the fuck is this all about anyway? I'm sleeping in someone's house, paying them $15 a day. $15 I don't have. I'm so underwater in debt, I am drowning just trying to drown. I can't tell the difference between shit and gold. Patrons of our recent garage sale benefited some from this particular imbalance. Don't know what I'm for. Don't know if I am good for my wife. Don't know if my wife wants me. I know I am not with her. She is 400 miles away. Worried, worried, worried. Fearful. Terrified. But is this really such a shock? Haven't they warned me enough of the doom of this place? Numb. Trying to be here now. Just trying to do this thing. Get the job. Make some money. One foot in front of the other. Keep facing up with the silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment