Thursday, May 2, 2013

Will this finally be my new fucking diet?

Will this finally be my new fucking diet?

http://www.mybreakthrough.com/clientuploads/unrestricted_pdfs/anibolic.pdf

Seriously, what will it take for me to eat food that my body actually LIKES?

And what is the process that has me eating and managing myself in such --- wait a minit. 

THAT is it! NOT myself, my BODY. If I can drive a mental wedge between the two, then the pleasure that I get from mainlining RBF solutions while fighting gravity by way of sofa in front of Big Fucking Television might look different. 

See, it should be easy. I make fun of vegans and people that are picky about their food because they are such easy narcissistic targets.

But I am such a stereotype. 

Burnout, divorced asshole slob. Putting on ten to twenty ounces per year until verticality is impossible for more than an hour or two a day. Overly impressed with self and skills of same. Detached and unimpressed, therefore, by advice from outside sources. 

Twenty marathons does not fit into the picture so easily, though, but it is true. When people express amazement, I always say something like, "Oh no. You could TOTALLY do one. It is just a decision that you make. The running is nothing. Once you believe you can, it is almost done." And it is true. 

When I was even fatter and drunk, no one saw me run except to catch the Korean liquor store before closing. But I got lured in by a chick, and now twenty years later and chickless, I have a running sort of life. By that I mean that I did two marathons in the last eight months (LA and Long Beach -- both seven hours plus). I am not winning or doing PBs, but I AM finishing. People close to me bet against me and express amazement that I finish. Not me. I KNOW I can. 

They keep hurting more, and pain is not quite beating out stupid for attention, 

Here is a streamlined version of Caveman Diet: http://www.mybreakthrough.com/clientuploads/unrestricted_pdfs/anibolic.pdf


(more later, hopefully)

DD



Will this finally be my new fucking diet?

No comments:

Post a Comment