Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Shawshank

Shawshank


___________

"Some hard truth to face, here. I am not going to make it on the outside.
Forty years I have been asking to piss.
All I do anymore is think of ways to beat my parole, so maybe they send me back.
Terrible thing to live in fear.
Brookes knew it. All I want is to be back where things make sense. Where I won't have to be afraid all the time.  Only one thing stops me. A promise I made to Andy."

So without the honor of this commitment, it is death. Or jail 'till death.

Instead he goes off on his adventurish search, and the long rock wall.

Red is on a kind of a marathon. He only takes the clothes on his back and the compass. Nothing that will weigh him down.

"It is the kind of excitement only a free woman can feel. The excitement at the beginning of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope I can see my friend, and shake her hand. "

"I hope the Pacific is as blue as I imagine. And I hope that she is just as forgetful."


Shawshank

No comments:

Post a Comment