Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Livin' on the Edge?

I don't know if it is a good sign or not. I am hearing lyrics I have never noticed. The one that jumped out today is Aerosmith's "Livin' on the Edge" as a social commentary.

If chicken little tells you that the sky is fallin'
Even if it was would would you still come crawlin'
Back again?
I bet you would my friend
Again & again & again & again

Just resonated for some reason. Something about spectatorial behavior. Always watching. I see the flags at half staff for the shootings in Arizona, and all the talk shows this Sunday were about Arizona in large part. I even heard that Congressional meetings were suspended for the week early on, but that has since apparently been rescinded. Anyway, the talk is good. We should be talking a lot. It is all that can get us moving and keep our spirits up. But like Ted said, "...jeez, I couple of people..." All for now. Gotta go. Go talk to someone about something in the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment